How many of you have made many many different Newyears Resolutions and never kept them before? I know I have!!! Your not alone people =) Though I'm not proud of the fact that my Resolutions have always failed. I can't help to think why they failed. Were they hard? ....No. Where they un-realistic? ....No. Is it someone elses fault that I failed....No! So why oh why did they fail?


They failed because I refused to actually commit to them. I set easy goals for myself and the second I missed 1 day of a goal I would tell myself ["Well thats it. Its done and there is nothing more I can do about it"]. Well I was wrong. Just because you fail on your goal one day (even if you feel like crap for missing it) that does not mean that you have to give up on trying the next day.

When we give up we feel like nothing in our lives are being accomplished. But when you sit back and think about it you accomplish so much in a year. Some examples would be.... Graduating,Getting a job or promotion, Getting married, Building your family relationships, Starting a family of your own...

Your accomplishments come in many different forms. But when you give up on something like your newyears resolutions....What kind of other things are you giving up on as well?


That dinner with your mother, Asking that girl in your class what is going on in her life, Putting off having a baby because you want to get promoted in your job first, letting the ones you love know how you feel everday.


Some of you are thinking ' Wow, what does that have to do with a Newyears Resolution.'
It has everything to do with it. There are certain times in your life when you set goals for yourself (Resolutions) Like when your a little girl and you wanna grow up and have a family and watch your babies grow....Then when you get older your career becomes the most important thing and you keep putting off having a family until your completely consumed in your job or else you start thinking that you are too old and thats not the plan that is meant for you.

What Im getting at through all this rambling is not that not keeping up with your resolutions is terrible or makes you a bad person or anything. Its just the point for you to not give up on your dreams and your goals.
Just keep thinking about how happy you will be with yourself and how much more you will push yourself if you lost 10 pounds, or you worked harder for that raise, or you mended a family wound.





Then you can celebrate! Because you reached a new turning point in your life. And you are PROUD OF IT!
So go on... Tackle those resolutions! I DARE YOU! =) Show yourself whos boss!
~Cheers~







Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.

0 comments so far...:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thank you for taking the time to let me know what you think!