It’s December 1st, so you know what that means, Christmas movies! This month I am going to share with you some of my favorite Christmas movies.

 
Ever since I was a little girl my mom and I would watch White Christmas every year. I have thoroughly enjoyed keeping this tradition well into my adult hood and look forward to passing it on to my own children. It is a musical romantic comedy set after World War II and was directed by Michael Curtiz and released in 1954.
 
 
Two World War II Army buddies, Bob Wallace (Bing Crosby) and Phil Davis (Danny Kaye), form a successful song-and-dance act and follow two sisters, Betty (Rosemary Clooney) and Judy (Vera-Ellen) Haynes to a Vermont ski-lodge where the Haynes sisters are scheduled to perform a Christmas show. When they get there, however, they find that it hasn't snowed since Thanksgiving and that the lodge, which is owned by Bob and Phil's old Army general, Thomas Waverly (Dean Jagger), is on the verge of failing. To help out, Bob and Phil come up with a plan to help.[1]
 
 
This film is filled with amazing actors who truly make the film genuinely spectacular. First, Bing Crosby shows off his amazing voice and dance skills alongside Danny Kaye who plays a comedic protagonist. Vera-Ellen is the most amazing dancer I have ever seen and will wow you with her magnificent moves. While Rosemary Clooney plays a more laid back character however the chemistry that her and Bing Crosby have will have you falling in love.
 
 
This story is so well told and the costume design as well as choreography is mind-blowing. The detail in the set design is extraordinary and fits the time period perfectly and complements the story. The time and effort put into the dance sequences surly pays off in the remarkable scenes they captured.
 
 
The message is beautiful, with a little heart and hard work you can not only make your dreams come true, but fulfill others as well. This movie is rated G and is great for all ages and its outstanding soundtrack will have you singing along in no time. In my opinion, White Christmas will always be a classic Christmas movie and is worth the 120 mins of my time. If you enjoy very imaginative costume design and songs they will get stuck in your head than this movie will be your cup of hot chocolate on a cold winter’s night.
 
 
I am also going to list some honorable mentions because I love Christmas movies and my list was far too long.

Today’s honorable mentions


Miracle on 34th Street the 1994 addition directed by Les Mayfield
The Muppets Christmas Carol made in 1992 and directed by Brian Henson

 
 photo blogsignature_zps97cd4969.png

Is there any Christmas movies I should add to my repertoire that you love? Leave a comment and maybe I will love it too!

0 comments so far...:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thank you for taking the time to let me know what you think!